- Consolidate the gains of previous AfDB investments to optimize the use of infrastructure (e.g. NRGP infrastructure, Fufulso-Sawla trunk road, Techiman-Kintampo road)
- Consolidate the gains of previous AfDB investment to enhance Agriculture Development in the Savannah zone
- The NSEZ constitutes the poorest part of the country with a poverty rate of over 40% which is about double of the national average.
- Potential of Agriculture in the zone to improve living conditions
- Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA-11 2014-2017)
- Food and Agriculture Sector Development Policy (FASDEP) of MOFA.
- Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJ)
Overall Development Objective
Transform agricultural value chains for food and nutrition security, job and wealth creation within the Savannah zone.
- Increase farmers’ food and nutrition security
- Increase incomes through increased agricultural productivity and diversification;
- Enhance the creation and strengthening of agri businesses to increase incomes of actors along selected value chains on a sustainable basis.
The Value Chain is a business oriented approach which aims at capturing the best value at all the stages of production, processing and trading from farmers through traders, processors and retailers up to the final consumer
The better all partners in a Value Chain cooperate, the higher will be the value generated for the individual actor at every stage of the Value Chain